What Is Event Marketing?
Like trade show marketing, event marketing is simply promoting your brand, product, or service at a live event. Of course, the event could be virtual as well. The idea is to interact personally with potential customers or investors.
The method of promotion at live or virtual events where there is one-to-one engagement with the prospects
Events are high-visibility marketing opportunities. The times leading up, during, and after the event all provide touchpoints for an audience. Email marketing, advertising, and social media are effective vehicles to deliver your message and request feedback afterward.
Benefits of event marketing:
- Increase Brand Recognition
- Generate Leads
- Promote New Products
- Engage Customers Directly
- Add to Contact Database
- Stand Out from Competition
Types of Event Marketing
Events don’t have to be costly, lavish affairs. An event can encompass anything from a webinar to a lunch and learn to a live streaming event. No matter the type of event, they all provide an experiential interaction with your brand. Here are some examples of event marketing:
- In-person events: Also known as a physical event, these are shows or functions of some type that require guests to show up at a venue.
- Conferences: These events typically have keynote speakers and breakout sessions centered around a particular topic or industry.
- Trade shows: A gathering of professionals in a specific industry or group of related industries that engage with businesses throughout the event.
- Online events: These are virtual events attendees access via the internet. Online events include webinars, live streaming, and virtual meetings allowing participants to be anywhere in the world.
- Dining events: These are events hosted during breakfast, lunch, or dinner times. They are usually more intimate with fewer guests and tend to have a high interest because of the promise of a free meal. Tip – The quality of the food and service can directly reflect your brand, so choose your caterer and venue carefully.
Is Event Marketing Right for You?
The event industry has taken a hit lately, and while the events may look different, event marketing is here to stay. Peabody is based in Nashville, a destination city, where there is always something going on.
Peabody has several event services because the marketing opportunities, engagement, and brand exposure has been great for our clients. Event marketing is not about just putting on a big show; it’s about engaging with your audience, whether it’s in-person, virtual, or over a casual meal.